Open Public Lecture Hall “The World of Science”
AIM: popularization of science and scientific activity with youth and population of Dnipropetrovs’k with the aim to form a new society of young scholars in collaboration with scientists of the city.
Getting students, schoolers and citizens of our region acquainted with trend and achievements in various fields of modern science. Creation of the image of their future professional orientation with the young people within the frames of providing additional informal education through direct contact with leading scientists and experts in our city.
- Awakening the interest concerning the issues of science itself and scientific activity among young people through the disclosure of the role of science in the modern society. Exhibitions of books, referring to the range of problems raised by each lecture, organized by the library contributes to the awakening of interest in the scientific literature.
- Promotion of a more conscious choice of profession by the pupils of grades 9-11 studying at secondary schools and college students, as well as encouraging them to work in the sphere of science and education.
- Establishment of relations between educational establishments of middle and high level of accreditation.
- Creation of possibilities to establish direct contact between pupils, students sitting for a Bachelor course and professors of higher educational establishments and scientists.
- Creation of a new group of young scientists for their intercommunication as well as for their communication with experienced scientists on the basis of a public organization “Open Knowledge”
Coordinators: PO “Open Knowledge” – union of lecturers of higher educational establishments, Dnipropetrovs’k.
Administration of youth affairs and sport and administration of science and education of Dnipropetrovsk city council, Central library – Central System of Public Libraries for Adults, Council of Young Scientists in Dnipropetrovs’k region, Council of Young Scientists in the higher education establishment “Prydniprovs’ka State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture” (PSACEA)
- Lecturers of higher educational establishments and scientists of Dnipropetrovs’k,
- Teachers and students of grades 9-10 from local schools,
- Pupils of special-purpose secondary schools,
- Students of higher educational establishments of the 3-4 level of,
- Citizens of Dnipropetrovs’k, all interested persons.
Venue: Lecture Hall of Dnipropetrovs’k city public library, 23, Voskresenska (Lenin) str.